9.09.2007

Yosemite Trip

Update: I painted in the missing trees at the top, and fixed the edge seam.



Some rough cuts of some panoramic photos I took on my recent trip to Yosemite. If I find time I will take out the seams. I'm told there is software that can also do this automatically, but all I'm using is photoshop. I had issues with the yosemite falls swinging bridge photo because I had the camera on auto exposure which means I had to manually match the difference in exposure for the photos. I've gained new appreciation for how much the eye automatically adjusts for contrast, its one of the reasons that the values always much more visually appealing in artwork compared to straight photography. It is also one of the reasons ala prima painters insist on painting on location.

No comments: