9.20.2006

Abstractions and Esoterica



I just got a the special Airbrush tablet mouse for Wacom Intous 3. I was expecting the wheel to function just like a regular scroller mouse wheel, but it only has functionality in software that specifically supports it. This came as a dissapointment to me becuase pretty much everything else on a wacom is customizable. I dont think it would have been all that difficult for them to include a $9 mouse driver into there deluxe model. Anyway I got inspired to learn some more about painter 9.

I've had it for a long time, but never got much into it because I already knew how to use photoshop. I have to say the brush customization in Painter XI seemed a little overboard but it is a really powerful tool.

This is a round brush with spacing and HueValue Shift. I like how the layers automatically create a sense of depth through overlap with out any perspective.


This was created by inversing the brush color and the paper tone options. I wanted to create dirty tile wall with a texture that was interweaved with tone.

No comments: